Obagi Tretinoin 0.05% and 0.1% Cream 0.7 oz
A mid-range concentration of a powerful retinoid prescription cream for treating acne, discoloration, and signs of aging.
For the moderate treatment of acne, discoloration, and signs of premature aging, this prescription cream offers a concentration of 0.05% that is best for those who have been using tretinoin for some time or who have been recommended a stronger intensity by the prescribing physician. Derived from Vitamin A in the form of retinoic acid, the active ingredient tretinoin is a retinoid, widely recognized in skin care as one of the most powerful and effective skin treatments available. It’s the same form of Vitamin A that the body naturally synthesizes for healthy skin and many other essential functions.
Why it Works
Tretinoin heals deep beneath the surface of the skin, increasing collagen production, stopping the production of excess pigment, and treating acne at the source. Results are most visible after 6-12 weeks of regular use.
Side Effects and Product Safety: Side effects may include skin dryness, burning, redness, excessive flaking or peeling. In some cases, acne symptoms may appear to worsen before they improve. Tell your healthcare provider about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
The safety and efficacy of tretinoin have not been established in the treatment of patients younger than 12 years of age, or in pregnant or nursing women.
Benefits of Obagi Tretinoin
- Sun Damage Repair
- Improve Skin Texture
How to Use
Follow all instructions for use and dosage from your prescribing physician
- After thoroughly cleansing your face at night, wait approximately 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry your hands, then apply cream evenly over your entire face (and neck and/or chest if directed).
- Gently smooth it in until it is absorbed, avoiding eyes and mouth.
- Do not apply to open wounds. Wait another 10-15 minutes before applying any other skin care products.
- Use 2-3 times per week when beginning treatment; use can be gradually increased to daily as skin tolerance increases.
Using tretinoin will increase sun sensitivity. Make sure to avoid long exposure to the sun and to use full-spectrum sunscreen daily; do not use UV-light tanning services. Apply product at night; retinoid products break down quickly and become less effective with sun exposure.